Please review the separate help page on why you need a Mastodon application.
To create a Mastodon application, please follow the steps below:
- In SocialOomph, use Social Networks, Network Apps, Add New Network App, Add Mastodon App in the menu.
- Open a new browser tab and login in to your account at your Mastodon instance.
- Click the gear icon (Preferences) icon to access your Mastodon preferences.
- Click Development in the left menu.
- Click the New Application button.
- Enter an Application Name of your choice.
https://www.socialoomph.com/mastodon/callback/ in the Redirect URI field (overwrite anything that is already in the field).
- Uncheck all the Scopes check boxes, and then check only the following check boxes: read:accounts, read:statuses, write: statuses, write: media.
- Click the Submit button.
- Click the hyperlinked name of your application.
- Copy the Client key and paste it into the SocialOomph Add Mastodon App form (Social Networks, Network Apps, Add New Network App, Add Mastodon App).
- Copy the Client secret and paste it into the SocialOomph Add Mastodon App form.
- Fill out the rest of the Add LinkedIn App form and click the Save button.