Please review the separate help page on why you need a Pinterest application.
IMPORTANT: If you have an existing Pinterest application that you previously used in the legacy version of our service, then use that Pinterest application. The same Pinterest application works in both the legacy and the new version of the service. Just edit your Pinterest application at Pinterest.com and change the redirect URI to the one listed in Step 11 below.
To create a Mastodon application, please follow the steps below:
- In SocialOomph, use Social Networks, Network Apps, Add New Network App, Add Pinterest App in the menu.
- Open a new browser tab and log in to your profile at pinterest.com.
- Then, in the browser address bar, type in developers.pinterest.com and press Enter.
- In the top menu, click the Apps entry.
- Click Create App button.
- Do not change any other setting and do not put content into any other fields if we did not tell you to do so below.
- Fill out the Name and Description fields.
- Click the Create button.
- Scroll down to the Platforms section.
- Enter a URL of your choice in the Site URL field.
https://www.socialoomph.com/pinterest/callback/ in the Redirect URIs field, and press Enter to save the URL.
- Click the blue Save button.
- If you also want to post pins to boards that belong to clients or friends, make sure that you and that person follow one another on Pinterest, and then scroll down to the Collaborators section and add them as Developers of your application.
- At this point you are done at developers.pinterest.com. Do not submit the application for review or approval. It is not necessary since only you will be using the application. Submission would have been necessary had it been an application that other people would also use, but that is not the case. In other words, leave the application in Development mode.
- Copy the App id and paste it into the SocialOomph Add Pinterest App form (Social Networks, Network Apps, Add New Network App, Add Pinterest App).
- Click the Show button of the App secret field and then copy the App secret and paste it into the SocialOomph Add Pinterest App form.
- Fill out the rest of the Add Pinterest App form and click the Save button.